Information from the Financial Market Guarantee System: the deadline for the delivery of requests for the payout of increased compensation for Sberbank CZ clients is 28 April 2022
Prague, 26 April 2022 – The Guarantee System hereby notifies clients of Sberbank CZ, a.s., registered office U Trezorky 921/2, 158 00 Prague 5, company ID No 25083325 (hereinafter “Sberbank CZ”), that Thursday 28 April 2022 is the deadline for the delivery of requests for the payout of increased compensation for claims from insured deposits pursuant to Section 41eb(1) of Act No. 21/1992 Coll., on banks, as amended.
Requests submitted in person or by post must be delivered to the Guarantee System by 16:00 on 28 April 2022, and requests submitted by data box by midnight on 28 April 2022.
Requests for the payout of increased compensation must be accompanied by any legally required annexes demonstrating entitlement to the payout of increased compensation, either as originals or certified copies. No account will be taken of requests submitted after the expiry of the two-month statutory period that expires on 28 April 2022.
Persons entitled to receive increased compensation from the Deposit Insurance Fund are natural persons who were depositors (or other entitled persons) as of 28 February 2022, i.e. on the day the Guarantee System received a written notification from the Czech National Bank about the inability of Sberbank CZ, a.s. to meet its obligations to entitled persons under legal and contractual conditions, and meet the conditions for the payout of increased compensation for an insured deposit, i.e. if their account has been credited with an amount that constitutes:
- the purchase price from the sale of immovable property used for residential purposes according to the data in the Land Registry,
- settlement of the joint property of spouses in the event of divorce,
- insurance benefits in the event of accident, illness, disability or death,
- a one-off settlement from supplementary pension insurance with state contribution or supplementary pension savings,
- severance pay paid upon termination of employment or allowance paid upon termination of service,
- insurance benefits in the event of damage caused by a criminal offense,
- compensation for damage caused through a criminal offense or surrender of unjust enrichment obtained through a criminal offense,
- compensation for damage caused through a decision on detention, punishment or a protective measure,
- financial assistance to the victim of a crime,
This amount must also have been credited to the account of such person (or the entitled person first became entitled to dispose of this amount) in the period between 28 November 2021 and 28 February 2022.
In the case of escrow accounts holding the purchase price for real estate used for housing, where the lawyer has designated the buyer as the beneficial owner of the funds, and the funds had not been released in favour of the seller before the record date, the buyer (not the seller) is entitled to file the request for the payout of increased compensation (subject to other conditions) as the entitled person.
A sample request for the payment of increased compensation and a list of its mandatory annexes are posted here.
The requesting party will be notified of the settlement of their request no later than 28 June 2022.
Sources of up-to-date and additional information:
More details on the payout of deposit compensation, including the full list of the required documents and options for filing complaints, can be found:
- on the Guarantee System’s website and on the information hotline +420 237 762 796,
- at branches of Komerční banka, on its website and on the information hotline 800 521 521,
- at branches of Sberbank CZ, a.s. and on its website .
Back to the news